OCEAN GUARDIAN FISH01 SHARK DETERRENT
Say no to shark tax! As seen on National Geographic.
The Ocean Guardian FISH01 is the world’s first innovative long-range shark deterrent system designed specifically for fishing, and is Powered by Shark Shield Technology, the world's most only scientifically proven and independently tested electrical shark deterrent technology. Fish off the back of your boat knowing that your catch is protected from the dreaded shark tax.
Sharks are opportunistic by nature and will naturally single out any food source that appears easy to exploit. Nowhere is a shark’s opportunistic behaviour more apparent than when fishing. It’s well known among both the commercial and recreational fishing communities that a struggling fish is irresistible to sharks.
Research has shown the use of Shark Shield Technology in fishing resulted in:
- Preventing the majority of shark species from attacking hooked fish
- A significant reduction in the number of incidents of predation
- Improvements in the efficiency of fishing operations
- Less time spent at sea
Easy to deploy off the back of any vessel, the new FISH01 is based on the proven design of the Ocean Guardian FREEDOM7 dive product and provides a large and powerful protective area to keep your catch safe from sharks.
Simply drop the FISH01 power module with the antenna installed off the back of your boat to freely drift around with your line in the current or attach it to the drop-line so that it is positioned vertically in the water.
Click here to watch the FISH01 Power Module being tested on National Geographic.
Benefits and Features
- Proven increase in catch rates based on commercial use of the existing FREEDOM7
- Standard 6.8m (22'4") antenna has 3 electrodes, with the outer electrodes toggling between the centre one
- Optional 4.4m (14'5") or 2.2m (7'3") antenna for shallower waters
- Powerful electrical field created over 15m (49') deep and 6m (19') wide
- Industrial strength designed Power Module allows you to protect your catch at depths up to 200m (656')
- Power Module measure 545mm L x 140 mm W x 125mm H (21.45”
x 5.51” x 4.92”)
- Built-in lithium battery provides up to 12 hours of continuous operation or power from your vessels 12V/24V
- Optional 110/240 AC power from your vessel, or solar powered for continuous unattended operation
- Both the FISH01 and BOAT01 use the same Power Module which means you can purchase the BOAT01 Buoy and 4.4m Antenna use your FISH01 as a BOAT01
- Easy to see LED operational status including battery life indicator
- Antenna is user installable with no tools required
- Does NOT harm the shark in any way, merely causes it to experience a high level of discomfort
- Shark Shield Technology has no effect on your target fish species
Standard Items Shipped with the FISH01
- POWER MODULE Electronics
- 12/24v DC Power and Charging Cable (6M)
- 6.8 metre (22'4") ANTENNA.
- User Manual
Additional hardware required:
- At least 1kg (two pounds) of weight to attach to the POWER MODULE
- A drop line of sufficient length
- Cable ties
- Lightweight sinker to keep the antenna vertical (optional)
Click here for details on how to use and deploy the FISH01.